PI Update: The Tale Of The Funmeister

Little is know of the whereabouts of the original wooden Funmeister that used to adorn its own totem pole on beautiful Pleasure Island.  It was originally discovered by Merriweather Adam Pleasure in 1911 as he steamed through the Florida Barge Canal System looking for the ideal place to create his new home. When he spotted it on the shores of what would later be named Village Lake, he knew this was the spot to build his Pleasure Island.  He is the one who named the totem Funmeister.

The Funmeister was ultimately replaced with a metal and glass model and this stood over the Island until late 2010 when it was finally removed more than two years after the fun had departed.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post